For retailers, e-commerce and other markets, a large portion of their business comes in during the holidays.
For the rest of us, we tend to take our foot off the petal. We slow down and take it easy. We move through the days aimlessly just waiting for the holidays to come and go. Some of us take extra time off.
Is that wrong? Absolutely not. If you are comfortable with where you are.
If you are hungry and I don’t mean for turkey, gravy and mash potatoes. If you are looking to gain a step or two on your competition.
Then this is the time of the year where you push down on the pedal harder than ever. While your competition is relaxing and waiting for the beginning of the year to start again.
You are thrusting yourself into new marketing tactics. You are writing blogs. You are putting together webinars. You are launching Facebook advertisements. You are setting up new partnerships.
You are working on your processes. You are developing new products.
You are reading business books. You are taking classes. You are doing everything you possible can to leave your competitors blinded by your dust.
11 Ways You Can Gain Some Serious Ground
Here are a few things you can do:
1.Work on the emails you have been wanting to put together this past year. Set up the new year with a bang. Email is a powerful tool to communicate, to tell stories, and to sell. It is the most important marketing tool for 2017.
2. Set up the email sequences in your new marketing automation program. It’s a lot of work, but there won’t be anything more rewarding than having a system ready to go for the new year.
3. Read Chop Wood, Carry Water by Joshua Medcalf. It’s a sleeper book. Not a lot people know about it, but it is amazing. The gist of the book is how to fall in love with the process of becoming great. A powerful and must read.
4. Read a business biography. Shoe Dog is one I just finished. I love stories about successful companies and the founders behind them. Shoe Dog is the memoirs of Phil Knight, the founder of Nike. He shares his story of creating Nike from the first 15 years. It’s extremely fascinating on how he grew the iconic brand. It also shows that perception isn’t always reality. He went through the same struggles, if not more, to get to where the company is today. A great read.
5. Start your first Facebook Ad campaigns. Facebook Ads are the best way to drive traffic and to spark a solid campaign.
6. Make tweaks to your websites. There are pages to add or words to change. A website is never finished. A great read on what you should change comes from our friends at Orbit Media.
7. Go to networking meetings, coffees, events. Meet someone new. Re-connect with a past connection. Deepen your relationship with a strategic partner. There are other like-minded people who are just as hungry as you are. Find them and connect.
8. Write those blog posts you have been thinking about for months, years, forever.
9. Create the videos you have been day dreaming about. Shoot testimonials. Shoot vlogs. Do a funny video. Interview strategic partners to bring value to your audience.
10. Write a guest post for another website. Perhaps you have been waiting to write that perfect piece for a popular blog out there. A blog that attracts a lot of your customer base. Go do it!
11. Record a webinar that you can use for a evergreen webinar. Then repurpose the webinar into a live speaking presentation. Use it to turn into a series of blog posts. Post the blogs. Drive them from the blogs to the evergreen webinar. Then enter them into your automation sequence. The full blown campaign. Do it!!
If your belly is rumbling for greatness, go grab it and devour it. The time is now.
What have you been dreaming of doing that you are going to get down during this holiday season?