Stories leave a lasting impression. A lot of times, it’s the difference between why you use one brand over another.
The emotion, the commonalities, the lessons…all of that leads to a deepen relationship that translates into loyalty.
Jason Hornung’s story is no different. He has been through the up’s and down’s as every entrepreneur does. He found his calling from the struggles of the process.
Now, he brings his story of triumph to you in this episode of the Sell More podcast. Along with his tale of overcoming typical entrepreneurial hurdles, he shares with us a proven formula to maximizing profits using Facebook advertising.
Introducing Jason Hornung:
Jason started his career in the insurance world. He opened up an American Family agency. After years of the same old insurance type of marketing – knocking on doors and cold calling – Jason was burnt out.
It was time for a change. It was time to get people to come to him. He turned to the wise and effective ways of Dan Kennedy. Jason bought his books and courses learning how to craft tremendous direct response marketing campaigns.
The leads started to flow. He was receiving more quality leads than ever before. The results built a reputation for Jason. So much so that State Farm offered him a book of business.
He gratefully accepting the opportunity and started to implement other forward thinking marketing efforts. However, with one newsletter send, Jason’s life forever.
State Farm forced Jason out of the insurance business and into the world of online marketing. It didn’t start very smoothly.
In a little over a year with $50,000 in credit card debt, falling further and further back in his mortgage payments, and just barely making $17,000 in revenue the first year…Jason was staring failure in the face.
All he had was one last coaching session, thankfully so. The last piece advice he received would get him back on the right track. The coach opened his eyes to the agency world.
He, now, runs one of the best Facebook Advertising agencies in the industry. Working with big name companies like Digital Marketer, Frank Kern and many more.
Heart of the Interview:
Jason shares his remarkable story in detail on the show. After the story is where the meaty Facebook Advertising tips come into play.
Jason dives into his specific formula for maximizing profits with Facebook Advertising. A lot of the strategies are originally from the direct response methods he learned while he was marketing his insurance business.
He emulated the process from offline to online. And it works! Really, really well.
You need to grab your pen and paper or tablet or stone and chisel and take some notes.
- Most people think Facebook Advertising is this magical thing where you can turn on an ad and you should make money.
- You first have to have an offer in play that is structured and positioned properly. It has to clearly explain enough information to the end user. It has to be done in a way that is persuasive for people to take action.
- Do the research before you put the offer together
- The key to finding the right offer is by talking to your existing customers
- It’s all about asking ”What’s the single most important question you have about [whatever you do for people]?”
- It makes very little difference if you have a lot of Likes or not on Facebook.
- When you begin your advertisements you want to start by splitting the targeted interest groups and using a budget as small as $5/day
- If you are looking to generate leads by driving traffic to an opt-in page, you want to use the Website Conversion objective in Facebook’s Ad Campaigns
What you can do to sell more:
To really use Facebook advertising as an avenue to generate sales and leads, you need to start at the top, as Jason explains.
You need to find out what problem, frustration or hole you can fill for the marketplace. That starts with a survey, whether it is one of your current customers or driving traffic to a survey…asking the important question is imperative the success of your campaign.
After you gather the data, you are able to properly position the Facebook campaign to it’s maximize results.
The rest of the details are on the show. You will need to listen it, at least twice.
How To Connect With Jason: